Customize your program to suit your family and needs! Each of the three programs can be purchased individually. Create your customized program using recommended resources below.
Growing Brave Writers
Growing Brave Writers is the essential training you need to be the effective writing coach your children deserve. While other programs focus on what to write, Growing Brave Writers teaches children how to write. End writer's block!
Growing Brave Writers
Put away the red pen! Most programs tell students what to write. We show them how to write.
Growing Brave Writers is the essential training you need to be the delightful writing coach your children deserve. End writer’s block!
Together, you and your kids will:
- play oral and writing games
- grow a rich vocabulary
- do research
- freewrite (unblocks your blocked writers)
- revise (brand new material)
- edit (two strategies your kids will embrace)
- polish fiction and nonfiction writing
Empower your kids to feel good about writing.
22 years, 100,000 students, 191 countries—we know what works!
This program works for a wide-range of children. Perfect for children who can read easily and handwrite comfortably.
Each chapter contains:
- A coaching guide for a writing practice
- A writing activity with detailed instructions
- A checklist for completion
- A sample written narrative of skills mastered
An appendix features:
- Writing samples for the activities
- Directions for how to use the program in co-ops and schools
- A planning model to apply to your calendar
Growing Brave Writers is a 200+ page black and white PDF file. It’s non-consumable, and works well with students of all ages (8–18). It’s designed to support a writer doing any kind of writing, including assignments in other programs or classes, for homeschooled and traditionally schooled students.
All products are digital and downloadable. All sales are FINAL. No refunds.
The Dart uses living literature to teach the mechanics of writing. Spelling, punctuation, grammar, and literary devices delivered through powerful, engaging books! Comprehension questions and book club party ideas are included.
Jumpstart your writing program with delight! The Dart invites kids to enjoy literature while learning to write.
Our year-long program is delivered in 9 month-long lesson plans, released one month at a time.
Each handbook features a novel and immerses your child in the world of:
- literary devices
- and book club parties
Discover how easy it is to teach writing using literature!
Our program uses copywork and dictation as the key tools to teach punctuation, spelling, and grammar naturally in context. Don't worry—we'll show you how.
Did you know that copywork and dictation are far more effective to teach writing skills than workbooks? It's true!
Each handbook contains:
Notes to go with a selected read aloud (book not provided)
Four passages taken from the novel for copywork and dictation, one per week
Easy-to-follow instructions to teach writing elements found in the passages
Playful grammar and punctuation activities that kids love
A simple, delightful writing exercise
Nine comprehension questions
Book club party ideas
Copywork passages on separate printable pages
Four-color design that looks gorgeous on tablets or printed at home
The Dart program comes with guidelines to help you implement the practices of copywork and dictation, as well as a planning tool and a writing skills tracker to help you stay attuned to your child's progress.
Join the thousands of families that have made Dart the #1 Brave Writer program for the last two years!
The Dart is delivered to your Brave Writer online account once per month on the 15th (starting in July). Each handbook is four-color, about 40-50 pages, is a non-consumable PDF, and can be used with multiple children in your own family (no need to purchase additional copies).
The Partnership Writing offers ten writing activities that can be enjoyed by the widest range of ages. Young kids (under 8) can be supported in completing the assignments, while older kids (over 10) can do them with more independence. Guidance for poetry, movies, music, oral reports, and more also included. Truly a magical program!
When you partner with your child, writing skills and confidence soar!
Partnership Writing features a wide array of flexible writing projects that work for families with kids under 12.
What kid wouldn't enjoy a few of these?
- Breaking secret codes
- Creating a personal timeline
- Writing a humorous homophone mini book
- Investigating who, what, where, when, and why
- Designing an imaginary map
- Crafting a lap book about a Greek myth or tall tale
- Writing ad copy for a historical artifact
- Not to mention enjoying poetry, movies, music, and oral games!
Bring writing voice and writing formats together!
The most overlooked practice in writing is working with a partner.
Good news! You get to be that partner for your child.
Included in the Partnership Writing program:
- Guidance for poetry recitation, word play, nature study, art appreciation, music, and movies
- Ten month-long writing projects: secret codes, personal time line, mini books, lap books, mail order catalog, how-to project, and written narrations, to name several.
- A tool to plan the projects
- A tool to track the skills your child gains
- A sample schedule (routine) for how to incorporate these practices into your year
This program offers the maximum flexibility for your family. Can be modified up or down in challenge level for kids between the ages of 5 and 12! One program for the entire family.
Partnership Writing is 113+ pages in a four-color downloadable PDF file. Looks great on tablets and iPads, or can be printed. The product is non-consumable and can be used for multiple children at once. Each activity can be done more than one time with a fresh topic to practice the formats.